July 02, 2014

Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion Review


I'll be reviewing the ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral Any Cushion in Honey Beige and  ETUDE HOUSE Precious Magic Any Cushion in Magic Peach!


Korea's latest hyped up all-in-one skin product is cushion compacts. The idea is that the compact has a sponge soaked in the product that you press with the puff to dispense a small amount then you pat light layers on until you reached your desired coverage. It provides lighter coverage than BB cream but it is much more convenient for people on the go. The Mineral Cushion is supposed to be your regular cover up, however the Peach cushion is more of a tone changer. The Magic Any Cushion comes in three tones:


Pink: Adding colour to pale skin
Mint: Neutralizing red tones
Peach: Brightening

I was suggested the Peach Cushion by an Etude House saleslady since I'm so much more tan than everyone in Korea T_T.

The Compact:



The compacts are so cute and minimalist! They almost look like a giant macaron. Its very convenient to bring out for touch ups and the like. Its also really nice how there is a divider between the puff and the product to keep it more sanitized. Its bulkier than your regular compact, but it has a decently sized mirror to make up for it.

ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral Any Cushion SPF50+ / PA+++ Honey Beige W24

ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral Any Cushion SPF34 / PA++ Magic Peach


Air Puff:




The puff is fairly soft, though kind of thin? I haven't tried any other cushion compacts so I can't compare. Its a little difficult to really saturate the puff with product. In this photo I had to press down pretty hard to get this much product out. It does apply the product with a nice finish, though.



Something else you can do with the puff is crease it as you're applying so you can pat product on to those hard to reach places.

Before Application

Behold my uneven, blemished skin

After Application




Moisturizer + 2 layers of each cushion

Verdict


Coverage:  Light but build-able
Whitening: Both of the cushions combined REALLY whiten the skin. If that's your thing don't forget to put some on your neck and hairline otherwise it looks really strange. The Magic Peach really does brighten/whiten my skin a lot. The Honey Beige provides less whitening.
Moisture: I felt it lacked a little in this department. Probably because I'm so used to wearing BB cream which is much richer. This is easily solved by moisturizing your skin first. I found that if I skipped moisturizer my skin would get dry and flaky with this product. 
Application: I usually apply BB creams with a Beauty Blender and a bit of water. Using the air puff made it a little harder to evenly cover my face quickly. 


All in all I think the Etude House Cushion series is better if you want colour correction, but not if you're looking for heavier coverage. Its a great product to use during those hot sticky summer days because it blends into the skin very well and it feels very light.



On a side note... I felt like I looked a lot better in the mirror than in most of the pictures that came out LOL? Anyone else ever feel that way? Maybe I'm just a poor unphotogenic soul. BASICALLY THIS:

Source


I found this really weird solution of taking a picture of myself through my mirror >_>. Bathroom mirror selfie anyone?



Reddit: Cerana

No comments :

Post a Comment