July 29, 2014

Syndrome Store Review

DISCLAIMER: I'm not affiliated with Syndrome and everything written in this post is solely based on my own opinion, and single shopping experience with them.

There's an online store called Syndrome that recently caught my attention because of the unique, cute and affordable selection they have. The company is based in China so that made me a little wary (due to many bad experiences ordering cheap clothes from China). Regardless of that I decided to take a chance and order 2 shirts.

The first shirt I ordered is this Bow Ribbon Top


and the second shirt is this Pastel Tie Dye Top


Shipping



I placed my order on June 24 and received an email on June 26 stating that my order was shipped. I asked for a tracking number from customer service and was told they didn't receive the tracking number yet. I received the tracking number on July 14. I received the package on July 25. Luckily the value was low and written off as a gift so I didn't have to pay additional tax.


Clothing

The clothes are a bit wrinkled in these photos from being a bit scrunched in the packaging, but here are my photos straight out of the package:



Trying it on!


To my disappointment the bow top's fabric was too sheer and had another piece of fabric around the bust area to conceal your bra I guess. You can see how there's a fabric running along my bust line. The ends of the ribbon are also uneven. Its nothing a person with a basic knowledge of cutting and sewing can't fix. Its still a nice top, but it doesn't match up to the photos on the site. The cut of the top is more or less the same.



The second top is a little nicer since its supposed to have sheer fabric. I think the colour is a little different, but I'm more satisfied with this top than the other one. My only complaint is that I expected the shirt to have more blue tones for that cotton candy effect, but its pretty yellow-y.

Verdict

The shirts aren't very similar to the pictures provided, but they are OK if you aren't too picky about it. I know Syndrome has had some happy customers with their wigs and accessories so there might be better luck there. They still have a very cute selection of clothing if you want to check them out.

Overall my experience was a 3/5

8 comments :

  1. Hi there! Love your review on the Syndrome store! I didn't know it was a store from China =0! I was disappointed too when you reviewed the "bow ribbon top" its a bummer that it didn't look EXACTLY like the photo on their website :( But I'm so glad that one out of the two came out decent! :)
    -Michele (shrimppaste)
    If you have time please check out my blog :D Thank you! >> www.sshrimppaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think its safe to order clothes there where the fabric is supposed to be sheer. Thanks for dropping by and I'll check your blog out :)

      Delete
  2. Hey ^^' I just wanted to ask what country are you from because you didn't have to pay additional tax import.. Cus I'm from Canada and I'm also Interested in this shop in particular and I'm afraid to have anything additional to pay while knowing that it's shipping free and 26$ in total ^^' (ps) I also loved your review :33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nika!

      I'm also from Canada and I didn't get hit with any additional taxes or import costs. You should be fine :) Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
    2. WoW haha you Just made my day! :) thank you so much ^^'

      Delete
  3. I didn't get any confirmed order email from them but they already charged me and also charged $7 extra and I didn't know why. I thought it was a fake website so I had to cancel the transtraction from my bank. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get any confirmed order email from them but they already charged me and also charged $7 extra and I didn't know why. I thought it was a fake website so I had to cancel the transtraction from my bank. ��

    ReplyDelete