 |
| Life-sized Gundam at Odaiba |
Japan was a whirlwind of a trip. The food was amazing, the clothes were super trendy (and out of my budget sadly) and there were cute, unique goodies left and right. Its unfortunate that we got to spend so little time there, but we'll definitely be going back.
Our hotel was located about a 10 minute walk away from Akihabara, which is basically arcade, gaming and anime central. I felt bad for making Mike go on a 10 day girl shopping spree with me in Korea so we went to Akihabara often.
 |
| Crossing at Akihabara |
It really isn't that bad for me since I enjoy that kind of stuff too. The actual arcade areas were often overrun with people that clearly put in probably hundreds of hours into the games. It was so intimidating, Mike and I would just stand there slack-jawed and watch them as they furiously mashed away at buttons. So, we hung around the gachapon and UFO/claw machines most of the time.
 |
| The first UFO machine I decided to try (to pay for and let Mike play for me -_-) |
 |
| Success!! Erm.. my thumb isn't broken I just bent it weird LOL |
They have really nice prizes in the UFO machines. If you're a fan of figurines and things like that this would be your heaven. The staff is also very kind. If you're having trouble figuring out how to win the UFO machine they'll help you out or even place the figurine box in a way where it'll fall down very easily haha. One girl helped me do that with a Mikasa from Attack on Titan. I was kind of just holding the machine for Mike as he went to get more change and I was staring at the box trying to figure out how we were supposed to angle the machine's arms to push the box down. Then she came over and said "Let me help you!" And placed the box on its side so it would fall off after one slight push.
 |
| Mikasa on Mike's dusty laptop |
And I also managed to co-erce Mike to take purikura pictures with me... MWAHAHA. It was mostly thanks to Roy and Saori because Saori knew how much I wanted to take those photos. She brought us to the purikura floor and Mike felt obligated to do it LOL. Btw, Purikura is a Japanese photo booth that is designed to make you look all doll-like with ginormous eyes and bright skin. And so... I present... the first picture of my boyfriend on this blog:
HAHAHA. We were all laughing for a good 5 minutes when the photos came out. Also the anniversary date is supposed to Oct 1 not Sep 1 haha. There was just so much wrong with these photos, but it was so fun. Some places even let you rent costumes for you purikura. Must try next time!
Also, does anyone know what this game is...??? We noticed a lot of women and men playing these super bright and over the top dress up games. I think it involves building an outfit for your character through collectible trading cards. It was all over Tokyo.
Girly Part
 |
| Thumb not broken anymore |
WHY SO CUTE. We stumbled upon a store called Afternoon Tea and it was just filled with cute girly deco. Those little macarons and roses are actually bath bombs. I wanted to buy it so badly, but I never take baths and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to break them up so I bought it for a friend.
Sailor Moon makeup!! I snagged myself a white Sailor Moon eyeliner, which was sold out in this particular Donqui. Donqui or Don Quijote is a massive multi-level store filled with a lot of random Japanese goodies ranging from cosmetics to housewares to costumes. I could've spent hours in there, but we were all shopped out from Korea. Here's a bit of my haul from Donqui and more:
 |
| Lucido-l Styling milk, ECONECO Peach Heartball cheek, D.U.P. Mascara |
 |
| Cotton candy nail glitter, Kiki&Lala nail polish, Gel coloured top coat |
 |
| Stationary |
 |
| That cute little face towel is from Afternoon Tea ;_; need.. more... |
 |
| Scented flower petals, White Sailor Moon eyeliner, Sailor Moon folder |
I also got a digital perm while I was in Japan. I love wavy hair, but I really don't have the time or willpower to curl it everyday. I got a regular cold perm before, but the curls were either too tight or non-existent. A digital perm is what you need to get for pretty waves like this:
Her hair is much longer and healthier than mine so I wouldn't be able to achieve something like that, but I'm still really happy with my effort-free lazy girl hair haha.
I love technology.
Since this post is getting pretty long I'm going to post a part 2 about our Japan trip later. It is most likely going to be all about their food! Stay tuned :)
Nice article admin thanks for share your article keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check nursing dresses boys t shirts kindly review and reply me
ReplyDelete